online source for gaskets that have reasonable shipping?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ian105

Feb 10, 2014
Southwest Michigan
checked a few places online...noob to buying stove parts online so looking to find the "go-to" places that are reasonable.

conclusion..harman branded parts are way overpriced.
online shipping for small orders is inflated. really $11 to send 2 items that fit in a USPS flat envelope.

Does this look like its right for a harman accentra.

need about 6' of window gasket 1/2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AWP130-Self...0?pt=US_Replacement_Parts&hash=item2a3799346c

9' of door gasket 3/8

all the pre-packaged 3/8 is to short ive found.

Have you talked with your local dealer. I know my dealer will work with you on the price a bit. Might be worth it when you factor in shipping.

I looked at that, the problem is all the generic pre-packages gaskets are only 7' The accentra takes 9' since the firebox door and ash pan door are one.

I have not - I purchased the stove used and the closest dealer is over an hour away, so if I have to drive there to get it...I may as well just pay shipping.
They did not sell it originally, there used to be another harman dealer much closer 5+ years ago.

I think I will give Eric @kinsmanstoves a call. I've seen his name mentioned around here many times. Given I have no relationship with the local dealer and they are totally out of the way, I will need a place to get my parts from.

I did drive down to the local dealer last year when looking at wood stoves, as they are the Blaze King dealer as well. That was my first experience seeing a harman burn in person. Great people, even called me this summer when he was changing out a floor model I has expressed interest in if he put a different unit in. Wish they were closer. Has anyone had their local dealer provide parts by drop shipping so you don't have to go there to pick them up?

Guess im lucky. My stove dealer is only 15 mins away

Status
Not open for further replies.