Opinion of Deal for hybrid 026 / MS260

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boog

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2012
NE Ohio
I've got a local guy selling a hybrid saw composed of the guts of an 026, and the external parts of an MS260. Story is that a small tree fell on the 026 busting exteral stuff, and he picked up an MS260 with a burned up engine/crank. Combined the saws into a hybrid that allegedly runs great, can go out and test run it, check compression, etc. He is asking $175 for it. Seems like a good deal to me to get the older 026 guts with a new housing. Looking for your opinions. Here is a link to the ad:

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/grd/3419291834.html

My guts tell me this saw will not last long at that price.

Ask him if he still has the extra parts

It wont, if it runs as good as he says. Thats a good price.

That back handle has a nice chunk outta it. Doesn't affect the operation of the machine but would drive me nuts. So would one flippy cap and one threaded. :p I'd ask about the leftovers too.

Price is fair but cosmetically she's pretty rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.