opinion on floor protection for esw 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northpa

Aug 27, 2014
north pa
my 30 is sitting on tile over concrete slab, has the standard 8 in. legs i think. even though all the legs stand on tile/concrete, the front legs are about 4 inches from a wood threshold and the wood floors. if i put a standard 1.5 r value hearth pad in front of the legs and extend it out to the required 18inches, would i fulfill the spirit of the requirement? as i read it the ambient floor pad is not for radiant heat protection but loose embers and such. if you think it passes, should it be fastened somehow?

It sounds ok, but a picture would help to verify. Yes, it should be screwed down so that it can't accidentally shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.