Opinions on Flex King liners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planeweird

Sep 29, 2008
cincinnati, oh
So I've been seeing ads on EBay for these liners. Are they good quality? The have one that's .006 and then they have the "Pro" liner which is .014 thick. Is that overkill or is it a good thing?

what are you hooking to it?

I'm connecting it to a jotul F 3 CB and it will be about a 30ft run up my unlined masonry chimney.

Here is the link to it on EBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/6X30-FLEXKING-PRO-CHIMNEY-LINER-TEE-KIT-W-INSULATION_W0QQitemZ260435083579QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca324013b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50

It's .014 thick and has smoother inner surface(less creosote), two part tee, cap, plate, insulation blanket, and they include a "free" damper block off kit(whatever that means) for $765.

Looks like I can get the .006 version with the blanket but minus the damper kit for about $100 less.

It sounds like a good value to me especially with the added thickness, smoother inner surface and the damper kit, but I wanted some opinions.

Just to let you know I'm a manufacture of Flex liner.. and that is well a lot of hokey pokey... I can get and sell .006 or .005 and sometimes .006 is actually cheaper for the main fact that the steel mill doesn't have to take a heavier metal and roll it down to a lighter gauge ie. less work involved. The picture they are showing with the deteriorated liner.. that was probably made of 409 SS steel.. which is SS that is not UL approved but I have knowledge of a guy in Jersey that does use it.. unlawfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.