1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

opinions on ryobi splitter

Post in 'The Gear' started by mattg1970, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattg1970

mattg1970 New Member

I am looking for info on the ryobi electric splitter. How do the work for lite use 2-4 cords a year? Any info would be great

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. njtomatoguy

njtomatoguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maple Shade, NJ
    I have one- it is just what I need, and it's performance is just what I expected.. it is not the biggest, baddest splitter out there by far, but it saves me a lot of effort in swinging the maul-

Anything over 16" round I split by hand with an 8 lb maul, 4 lb Splitting axe or the wood grenade from TSC- then it goes to the splitter, where i work it down to burnable splits-
    I wish it came with a foot pedal option, so that I didn't have to keep putting the beer down..
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Depending where you live Grossman's bargin outlet is selling a 6 ton iron horse splitter for 50$ less than the ryobi

that's 50 % more power and one will notice the difference I have used them both..

It is my oppinion the Ryobi is the best 4ton splitter avaliable note 4 ton
  4. Elderthewelder

Elderthewelder Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Everett, Washington
    n/t
  5. Mr_Super-Hunky

Mr_Super-Hunky New Member

Hey Elk:

Any chance of you picking one up and sending it to me??. Do they ship UPS or other method?. I have had it with trying to get the Northern Tool splitter here in one piece.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.