Opinions on Stainless liner please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainiak1

Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2009
Fairfield Me
I have a Regency insert that I have had for three years. It has a boa kit which is a stainless liner that is about five feet that goes ovalized through the block off plate into the beginning of the tiled liner. It has an outside chimney and I want to put in a full insulated liner for ease of cleaning(not having to remove stove).

My question is should I buy a whole new liner? Or buy an extension from this ovalized boa kit adapt it back to round with adapter and run this to the top of the chimney. Will a cleaning brush go through the ovalized piece? The stove and the chimney are offset a little approx. 6" If I get a whole new liner I think I would have to buy a new block off plate because it is oval (unless new stainless liner would bend to oval.

Thanks for you help, I may have more questions depending on how this turns out.

Your best bet is to start fresh with a full liner then buying an extension. You can find them online with insulation kits. It all depends on how much ovalization you have, a good poly brush should get through the oval part as long as it's not more then 4.5 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.