opinions wanted on Magic Heat™ Reclaimer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
Does any one use these do you like it? would you recommend it? How long is the unit from top to bottom ? I have a short pipe run( maybe 18 inches) until an elbow. How far off the griddle should it be placed?

whats contriversial ? what more would you like to know?

I'm not intimately familiar with CZARCAR's installation, and I understand from what he reports that he likes his fine. Others will tell you that they are creosote factories, hinder sweeping of the flue, clog up and decrease draft, and do little to add heat to the space. As said, it's an interesting and sometimes "hot" topic. I don't have one, nor have I any plans to acquire and install one. My stoves put out plenty of heat just the way they are, and I'd like my flue gas streams to stay as hot as they can on their way to daylight (or nightlight, as the case may be). Rick

I have an old VC Defiant ( smoke dragon I guess some refure to them as) so it is pre EPA. I have 18 inch 8 inch stove pipe coming off the top into a 45 elbow into another 18 inch piece of stove pipe into a 10 X 10 clay flue which lines an interior mason chimney which extends 35 feet only the last 5 feet are exposed. Have a 2400 ft2 area and was thinking the blower with auto control would work to help move the heat to the farther ends of the house. I know a guy at work that has one and he says it works great and moves alot of heat and captures a lot that would just go up the stack. He saw one for sale on ebay and told me about it. He burns an old wood temp or tempwood stove down draft pre EPA? Looks just like a big black cube loads from a hole in the top. Burns semi seasoned hard/soft not to particular, runs a straight 8 inch insulated pipe up through the ceiling and straight through the roof total run maybe 20 feet.From the stove top it goes up 24 inches then he has the Magic Heat.( I dont have that much room). That's why I ws wondering if it would work well with my application? He said he just had the chimney professionally cleaned after 3-4 years and "It was not bad at all!"

Status
Not open for further replies.