orange flame on wall mount

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
Got rid of MPI 41 and got a enerco blue flame wall mount to supplement wood heat. 100 gal tank was delivered with 6gal. Two weeks later they still havent filled it up and have used it several times. I now have a orange flame. I suspect low gas but couldnt get anything on google. not real orange but maybe purple mixed in. just lit it snd bsck to blue after a warm day. Is this pressure related due to low gas levels?

Generally, an orange flame signifies an incorrect air-to-fuel mixture, but it's the amount of air that's reduced. Air shutter should be pretty much wide open for burning LP gas...Another cause could be impurities & that could be stuff near the bottom of your tank...

If I remember correctly I had stuff like that happening the last time I bought a new tank. I figured it was air that had somehow avoided the purge and still needed to be forced out of the new tank.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.