Ordered a new stove today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSDave

Dec 29, 2011
Halifax NS Canada
After debating back and forth over whether to fix or replace my 20 year old VC acclaim, I've committed to a replacement. ( Thanks to those who weighed in on those threads )

I wanted something simple to operate but a decent stove; something that when I need parts won't be an arm and a leg; and had to be similar in size to the Acclaim so I didn't have to totally redo my hearth.
One of the local dealers reminded me that there is a rebate program for houses with electric heat, so I filed and got it! 20% of total install up to $900 for a stove; has to be WETT certified.

Anyway I ordered an Enviro Kodiak 1200 with legs, ash pan and nickle trim. The 1700 being about 5 inches or so deeper just would physically be too large for the room in its current set up
Reviews here, though few are positive on them, plus there are several dealers within an hours drive.

It'll be a couple weeks wait, but we'll still have some cold days so I should be able to get it fired up and start learning it this season!

I can't wait to get burning properly!

Congrats on the new stove.Keep us informed on how it works out for you.

Very interested to hear how this works for you. I'm very happy with my Enviro insert.

Enviro makes a great wood stove. You dun good.

Nice looking stove
Add says eligible for tax credits :)

Attachments

• Kodiak1200-fs-stove.jpg
    Kodiak1200-fs-stove.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 316
bogydave said:
Nice looking stove
Add says eligible for tax credits :)

Tax credits ended Dec.2011. I lost out on mine also.

Thanks everyone! This forum really helped me decide what to get.
I've got all the toys, ir gun, moisture meter and a box of super cedars; OH and some well seasoned wood.

Install date is March 6th. They are doing a previsit on the 28th to see if I need to do anything with the hearth; I suspect I may have to add an inch or so onto the hearth out front.

I thought the rebates were over here too, but the sales guy said.. no they extended it, so all said and done it'll be about $600 credit! Thats about what I'd have had to spend in parts on the VC.

I think you'll be pleased with the 1200. A relative of mine has the 1700 and LOVES it. He burns 1/3 less wood when compared to his old smoke dragon. ENviro are solid machines.

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.