Ordered me a Christmas gift

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
Just ordered an IR thermometer. Been really wonderin about the magnetic ones I have cuz outta 4 of them none read the same and seem to be anywhere from 50° to 100° diff. Gonna find out for sure come the end of the week when I get my new toy.

What kind did you order? I'm planning on getting one as well. I just don't trust these stove top ones.

Backwoods said:
What kind did you order? I'm planning on getting one as well. I just don't trust these stove top ones.
I ordered this 1
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Temperature-Infrared-Thermometer-Laser/dp/B002YE3FS4/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img
I'm sure there are better ones out there but for 20 bucks and my budget this will work I'm hopein. Plus I can use it for workin on equipment at home and at work. Iffn I get it by Christmas eve I might even use it to see if the wife is hot cuz I didnt spend much money on her this year. LOL.

Most of them are pretty darned good. You can even get the Harbor Freight ones and be okay.

Got mine from Home Depot. Only problem I have is it is a 600 degree limit, but the way I figure, when the IR says "error" I just tell it "Oh, how wrong you are! Temps are just fine!"

Butcher said:
Backwoods said:
I ordered this 1
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Temperature-Infrared-Thermometer-Laser/dp/B002YE3FS4/ref=pd_ys_iyr_img
I'm sure there are better ones out there but for 20 bucks and my budget this will work I'm hopein. Plus I can use it for workin on equipment at home and at work. Iffn I get it by Christmas eve I might even use it to see if the wife is hot cuz I didnt spend much money on her this year. LOL.

Man, ain't technology awesome. A tool to see if your wife is hot. I can see it now....my ol lady gets pissed, just point away to get level of pissed- offness. High reading, run like hell, low readings...safe....brilliant! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.