1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Orley wood stoves - any specs or manuals available?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by FromHollywood, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FromHollywood

FromHollywood Member

Loc:
    Pacific Northwest
    I have an Orley wood stove but would like to know the specifications (clearances, Btu's, installation instructions, etc). I've searched but can't find anything. Does anyone have any leads on how I could get the information that was in the owner's manual?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. FromHollywood

FromHollywood Member

Loc:
    Pacific Northwest
    Someone else on this site mentioned that Orley stoves were manufactured by Orley B. Milligan (thanks for that information). If you put that name into Google, you can find his original US patent information on the basic model of his stove. It's not an owner's manual but it is interesting reading for those who like these stoves. Patent number 4,226,224 dated October 7, 1980 (filed in 1978).

Please post a reply if you have any information on how to obtain an owner's manual (or have one and can share it's contents).

Thanks!
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    If you don't have any luck you might search west coast craigslistings and try contacting the seller to see if they have documentation. They show up pretty frequently in OR and WA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.