Osburn 2300 opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussieblake

Mar 4, 2008
Tornado Alley
I did a search for this unit and was not able to find many opinions of this unit. Someone voiced a concern about the baffle tubes being welded in place not able to be replaced. We are tired of the propane cost and looking to an wood stove for heating. All input would be greatly appreciated. Other models up for consideration are Quad Fire 3100, 4300, Napoleon 1900 (I have not been able to view a Napoleon in person, would like to know what the metal thickness is on that unit), also the Osburn 2400, my only concern is the door opening is not very tall. Is there an less expensive soapstone brand than hearthstone? Those units look very nice but are a little pricey.

Thanks in advance,

aussieblake

Status
Not open for further replies.