Osburn mf 35 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Nov 28, 2010
BC Canada
Hi Gang. Haven't found too much on the net about my stove. 4 years old (3 years of use) and in the last few months I've had some problems... (so has the pellet stove!). The main issue is the igniter (hotrod). When the stove starts up, the igniter seems to come on only very briefly like 15 seconds or so, then seems to shut off. The stove continues to dump pellets and then I eventually get the "L" code on the panel (Igniter). I replaced the igniter in the last few weeks with a new one and for a few days it seemed fine. I've checked the continuity and and i get a good clean circuit through the igniter... (I know it's getting power because I just shocked myself... doh.)
My next plan is to dismantle the intake/exhast blowers and see if they have junk inside, but is there anther way to approach this?
Thanks for all your help in the past... GREAT FORUM!
Bill

A thorough cleaning is always a good idea... make sure you clean out all the 'hidden' areas behind the firebox that can accumulate ash...

Welcome aboard....

Hi there and welcome to the forums. I work for Osburn so can help you. Here's what to check for 'L' code on your unit

1) Air damper too open for ignition. Close your air damper completely then only open it a small fraction. This should be enough to produce a clean burning flame and for ignition.

2) Make sure you have some burn pot gasket or replace the ones you have if they are old. As a rule a couple of gasket will do the trick.

By the sound of it that should help with your problem.

Shoot me a quick email if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.