Osburn stove model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3itn

Nov 14, 2015
Quakertown, PA
Hi,
I know this isn't much to go on, but it's all I have so far...
Any chance anyone can tell what the model of this stove is by the picture?
thanks!
tom

Attachments

• IMG_5635.JPG
    IMG_5635.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 133
HI, thank you.
indeed.. this is very very close... the only difference I can see is this one has an ash door front center of the stand whereas the one linked is blank...
I ended up picking it up over this past weekend... it's too bad I hadn't seen more then that pic prior to committing...
this thing was seriously overheated... the top is cracked from the vent to almost half way to the front... it had been welded and there is a crack along the weld... there is an area of the top to the right of the crack that is actually cupped (bowed/warped) down or in... I was able to get the doors to swing and cleaned it out... the baffle seems fine, the main box (aside from rust) looks ok thus far. but not knowing what the fire brick retainers looked like it's hard to say if these are warped or as is... most of the fire brick is in tact... and the rest is all there but cracked here and there... obviously it needs gaskets... the only thing I can make out on the tag is what looks to have been stamped- report number 4900 sept 85 -I sent an email to the manufacture with that data, they asked for a picture, and I've not heard back.. I think they are still rolling on the floor... I'm assuming most would call it scrap.. maybe I should to... but, I'm going to cut the sheet metal and have a look at the box, I can easily grind, drill, and weld that top to close to perfect or cut it off and put a new piece of steel on it for next to nothing, but for $150 there is a us stove on ebay abt 30 miles from here that just needs a ride and some wood... dare I post the pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.