osburn stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pict

Sep 1, 2007
oklahoma
Hello, new member here.
I've just put a down payment on an Osburn 2200 stove. I wondered how you guys rate this model.

Cheers.

Welcome to Hearth.com, glad to have you aboard pict.

I'm going into my second season of burning in the 2200i and so far I love it. I've been able to get good burn times and I'm quite impressed with the job it does of heating my home. I think the view with the bay window is fantastic and really adds to the ambiance in the room. I'm sure there is more radiant heat also, based on the way it protrudes from my fireplace. For me the fact that the door is hinged on the left side is also a big plus. That way I can open it with my left hand and load with my right.

There are a couple of spots, low in the corners, where the glass does get dirty pretty quickly but that's just a matter of keeping up with the cleaning. I do wish there was a better place to mount a thermometer on the insert, which should not be an issue with the stove.

Overall I would say you made an excellent choice. It's getting hard not to though. There are a number of great stoves and manufacturers to choose from.

Be sure to post some pics of the install and keep us posted on how things turn out.

I have the 1800i version. I love the stove, and it heats most of about 2200 sqft. You won't be dissapointed.

thanks for the replies. I used to burn logs and coal in my open fireplace in Scotland, but have never owned a woodstove.
I love real fires, and don't feel that a home is complete without real flames to look at.

That worked pict. Wow, from Scotland to Oklahoma. Now that's a major transition. Let us know how the stove works out for you. Post pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.