1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

OT: Snow Dog

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by webbie, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Just like you have to know when NOT to run your stove, there are also certain days when taking the pup snowshoeing can result in disaster - I've finally learned that the temp has to be below 25 degree or else the snow starts to build up and feed on itself.

Takes a long and hot shower to remove these snowballs!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wingnut

wingnut New Member

Its hard to resist when they follow you everywhere

Attached Files:

3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I am sure PETA is going to be all over you like creosote on a flue tile.
  4. Willhound

Willhound Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Hey Guys! Get with the times...you gotta get your mutt one of these, and teach it to drive.... :p

Attached Files:

5. wingnut

wingnut New Member

That's classics Willhound I love it !! He reminds me of our golden retriever we had for 14 years I could get that dog to do anything. He would listen better that the kids. Boy I miss him!!

Attached Files:

6. Willhound

Willhound Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Must have been a well trained dog, to not go after rabbits. Mine loves to chase bunnies (and squirrels), although she's never succeeded in catching one (to my knowledge). The owls, hawks and lynx we have on the property do that for her. She's fine with cats though.
    When I first tried to get her to ride with me on the snowmobile, she would get on the seat OK, but as soon as I started the motor the racket would chase her off. That is until one day I went about 4 miles down the lake, with the dog following me. When I turned around to head back, and she caught up to me with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth, she readily jumped up on the seat in front of me and enjoyed the ride home.

Since that day, I have to push her off the seat to get the thing started, and occassionally if I leave the sled parked outside, I'll find her sitting on the seat just like in the picture, looking at me as if to say, "let's go ya idjit". Loves the ATV and boat too.

Willhound

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.