Other forum cencoring for HAWKEN ENERGY. Leaving the community in the dark about problems in the OWB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkenGlobalYUK

Oct 26, 2009
W. MI
WARNING!!! After over a year and a half compiling information on the tactics used by Hawken Energy and Global Hydronics, and the severe shortcomings (to say the least) that I've faced, this information was put almost daily on public forums like outdoorwoodfurnace.com, primarily arboristsitedotcom, so people could follow the real time line and tactics used by these companies which included sending private investigators to my home. The moderators over there (arboristsite) have pulled the Hawken Energy OWB thread based on just a request from Hawken Energy's Attorney. this was Hundreds of posts with critical information made available to the public that has been censored. There is no way a judge would have ever ordered freedom of speech stricken down unless it was false. The response I got from staff there at arborist site said they decided to block it after only a request from Hawken Energy's attorney, This is caving in, and not offering the public fair transfer of information in a forum based on OWB's. If any of the allegation's I've made about Hawken Energy's behavior would have been false I would have been opened up to liable and slander, and been counter-sued by them in the case I had to bring against them. They could not because they have NO leg to stand on. Fortunately I have hard-copy printouts and media copies of the whole thread, well over 20,000 views, hundreds of posts etc.. And a wealth of information that should not be swept under the carpet. These WILL NOW be released to the media. I was put through the wringer by these companies and it was by far the worst investment I have ever made, and the pain it caused fighting for my rights and any sane explanation or commitment from these companies is inexcusable. So, WARNING!!!, INFORMATION IS BEING HIDDEN IN OTHER FORUMS, INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!!! I have settled my case out of court, and am free to talk about anything but the amount and source(s). This information needs to be available to the public, It is our RIGHT! as North Americans. I thank this forum for not falling prey to heavyweight tactics from small men. Keep fighting to keep this companies honest. Fight for our first amendment FREEDOM OF SPEECH. If its true, don't hide it. Reward good behavior, admonish bad. HawkenGlobalYUK.

Dear Friend,

There is no freedom of speech in a private home, which is what a forum is......
These forums, and I assume many others, are NOT for hashing out complaints in public nor for attempts at settling scores and ruining businesses.

While I understand, reading between the lines, that you may have made a mistake in a purchase (LOTS of people here have done that).....you are only one customer - and therefore get ONE vote, or one complaint.

In our case, the place for that complaint is in the stove review and rating section, where you can leave a "forever" review and rating as to your experience with the unit and dealer.

Rather than bringing the entire Hearth.com community up to each detail, why don't you post a nice thread with a title something like:
Bad Experience with Hawken OWB

and then nicely...not ranting....mention that you had a bad experience (not every detail needed) and that you settled with them out of court, and that folks can contact you if they want to hear more. Even that is over and above our normal policy, but we do want to inform members if a problem is systemic.

Basic stuff like exaggerated claims do not count. If that was the standard, we'd be suing 80 percent of stove and boiler makers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.