Our first Englander NC30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pagey

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 2, 2008
Middle TN
My paternal grandmother passed away this past September, about 6 weeks shy of her 91st birthday. She was a "pistol," as they say, and had a damned good run. She was the last of 16 children that were born and raised in a 3 room cabin in the mountains of North Carolina, and, as a result, she was fiercely stubborn and independent. Had it not been for dementia and osteo arthritis, I think she could have outlived the rest of us!

In any event, dad doesn't want the house sitting around empty, so he is in the process of remodeling much of it. Part of that includes removal of the old Fisher Papa Bear and the installation of a brand new Englander NC30! Also going in are new double wall stove pipe, Class A, and Class A to stove pipe adapter.

Once all the remodeling is finished, my wife and I will probably move into the house, which sits on about 70 acres of cattle pasture. The barn that I've often posted pics of, and use as my avatar, is on that property and can be seen from the back porch of the house.

I don't know if we'll get to use it this winter, other than to take care of the break-in fires, but I'm genuinely excited about this stove. The 3.5' fire box will be a step up from my Lopi Endeavor (which is and has been a great stove). I think the only thing I will greatly miss about the Lopi is by bypass that makes cleaning the Class A soooo easy.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I find good, free hosting again (thanks, Photobucket....not!). Does Mike (I believe that was his name) from ESW still participate on the forums? Also, I'll gladly accept any advice you fellow NC30 operators have to offer.

Sorry to hear about Gram but sounds like you are going to have a good setup shortly. I certainly love my 30. Hope yours will be as good to you.