Our new-to-us pellet stove - thanks for all your help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarton

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2014
Pelham, NH
Just installed today, a 1996 Enviro EF-2. Bought it a few weeks ago from craigslist, the seller is a former partner in a stove store who is still NFI certified. He had gone through the stove, but said it didn't need much more than a coat of fresh paint. Following the user manual and lots of what I've read here, it looked to me like the stove only ever saw light use, or whoever owned it took real good care of it. It's installed with all ICC vent components into the old masonry chimney where my 70's era woodstove used to attempt to draft (that's a different story, and I'm lucky I never had a chimney fire). Total cost including insulated liner to the top of that lousy chimney AND a Powersmith vac was a little under $2200. I know, I know - many of you could have done better. I'm still very happy.

The only issue I've discovered with it so far is it whines when I turn the convection blower more than about 2/3 of the way up. I thought it was the motor, but listening to it carefully it actually sounds like a whistling effect.

I wouldn't have known what I wanted, or what to look for in a used stove, without all the great information available here on this forum. I hope it and all of you stick around for a long time, because if there's a better resource for hearth consumers out there, I haven't found it. Thanks!

Attachments

• Enviro.jpg
    Enviro.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 117
Looks nice!! Glad your up and burning enjoy!

Gratz and enjoy the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.