Our Newest Addition.... PE Summit Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarks ACE Hardware

Hearth Supporter
PESUMMIT.jpg

It was sad to see our burning 2n1 Defiant step down off the pedestal, but we're making room for our Pacific Energy test run.

If all goes well, we'll be filling our show room with some other models from the line-up.

After the first night of burning.... a few requirements have already been met:

8 hour + burn.... check

Clean glass with low air setting.... check

Looks nice! I love my PE Vista Insert. Third winter, no problems. They are quality stoves.

That stove will heat the whole store.
Remember not to run it too high, because if your store is 120 degrees F in there, customers won't stay too long (and won't spend as much $$$).
:lol:

I love all the nickel bling. And be carefull, that thing will crank you out!

Yeah, that's a nice looker with the black and nickel.

Todd said:

Thanks guys,

Surprisingly, it hasn't gotten much attention today... I've already had 3 offers for the Defiant that was in it's place though.

This thing is certainly cranking out some heat. There is no chance of it blasting us out of a 40,000 sq ft. building with 22ft Ceilings ;)

Jay, I'm over in Oella and frequent your shop often. You and your staff do a wonderful job.

I ended up picking up my castine a couple years ago....I didn't think PE was being sold in the area. Are they just now coming into our market?

Good to see you here at hearth.com

Todd said:

+1 Daddy likes.

Todd said:

Nice stove!

Clarks ACE Hardware said:
Todd said:

Thanks guys,

Surprisingly, it hasn't gotten much attention today... I've already had 3 offers for the Defiant that was in it's place though.

This thing is certainly cranking out some heat. There is no chance of it blasting us out of a 40,000 sq ft. building with 22ft Ceilings ;)

don't worry.. we ran a PE summit classic (black pearl, bricght nickel trim, w/ a fan) in the shop for whatever time we had to clam it as a burn credit. Then we swapped it for the new VC 2n1 encore... we had the old floor model sold within 24 hrs to a guy who came in and out a couple times looking at it.

You burn it, you'll sell it. We do alot of PE, and the PE buyers like to do things to the stove you have on the floor. They tend to be someone who wants some serious stove. It's a big plus to let them use it on the showroom floor: easy to put wood in, easy 1 control. The VC 2n1 is cool, but you're still operating more doors and levers to use it. You sold the old one quick, it'll happen..Some dig it, Some don't... and everyone loves a bargain on a barely used stove.
Let people looking at a PE throw some sticks in and fiddle with it. Encourage them to clank wood off the baffle and the firebricks to show how tough it is. You'll sell a ton of them. We do more of the Heritage editions than any other PE, but its the same stove as what you got displayed, just looks different. Thats the nice thing about them. the design is the same for operation, whether it be a T6 Alderlea or a black summit w/no ashpan on a pedestal. Married couples love it. He'll like the functinality and manliness of it, she'll like the fact she can trick it out to match whatever episode of "Extreme Makeover" she is trying to make their place look like this week!

Very cool good to see you guys on hearth.com! I spent quite a few visits at your store when I was doing R&R on my old smoke dragons. I emailed Pacific Energy some time back and asked if they supported the WoodBrickFuel you guys sell, they stated no. Have they turned their story around on that?

Here was their email reply-
From: "Cheryl Predy, Pacific Energy/Town & Country" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Sales Question from Pacific Energy Website

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your email and your interest in Pacific Energy, however you
can not burn anything but cord wood in a Pacific Energy appliance.  Bio
bricks have such a low moisture content that they will burn hotter than
the stove was tested for.  I have attached a notice regarding burning the
right fuel for your reference.

Sincerely,

Cheryl

southbalto said:
Jay, I'm over in Oella and frequent your shop often. You and your staff do a wonderful job.

I ended up picking up my castine a couple years ago....I didn't think PE was being sold in the area. Are they just now coming into our market?

Good to see you here at hearth.com

Hi, Thanks for your patronage and the compliments. There is another dealer over in the Hanover area, otherwise, we are the only ones on this side of Baltimore.

I'm not sure why they had never pursued us in the past.

spirilis said:
Very cool good to see you guys on hearth.com! I spent quite a few visits at your store when I was doing R&R on my old smoke dragons. I emailed Pacific Energy some time back and asked if they supported the WoodBrickFuel you guys sell, they stated no. Have they turned their story around on that?

Here was their email reply-
From: "Cheryl Predy, Pacific Energy/Town & Country" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Sales Question from Pacific Energy Website

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your email and your interest in Pacific Energy, however you
can not burn anything but cord wood in a Pacific Energy appliance. Bio
bricks have such a low moisture content that they will burn hotter than
the stove was tested for. I have attached a notice regarding burning the
right fuel for your reference.

Sincerely,

Cheryl

Eric,

That is a common response from most manufacturers right now. As far as I know Regency and Morso are the only two manufacturers that we deal with that have quitely mentioned that they are "OK" to burn in their stoves.

Hope to see you stop in again soon!

It was sad to see our burning 2n1 Defiant step down off the pedestal, but we're making room for our Pacific Energy test run.

If all goes well, we'll be filling our show room with some other models from the line-up.

After the first night of burning.... a few requirements have already been met:

8 hour + burn.... check

Clean glass with low air setting.... check

It must be so cool to be able to play with different kinds of stoves. Congrats on the new product. Looks nice. I hope it is a profitable addition to your current brands. You'll have to update your signature to include PE in it! Too bad I don't live closer or I'd certainly inquire about the 2n1 that you just retired. So young too!

Does anyone have any issues with air leaking in through the ash dump door?

The fuel around the ash dump gets nuked within 20-30 mins. I believe it's designed to let some air through the hatch even while closed, but this seems a bit excessive.

Does anyone have any issues with air leaking in through the ash dump door?

The fuel around the ash dump gets nuked within 20-30 mins. I believe it's designed to let some air through the hatch even while closed, but this seems a bit excessive.

Mine does a bit. To keep it from happening, I fill the little "well" with fine ash and gently pack it in there a bit.

Yeah the manual says to fill the space with ashes after clean-out.

Status
Not open for further replies.