Outdoor Wood Pellet / Corn Furnace....Claims over 95% Efficient

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmjr

Feb 16, 2010
Corners of PA-OH-WV
The problem with Central Boiler is that they have been claiming high efficiency for decades while building thousands of smoke dragons which ended up giving a bad name to wood burning.

However, I do think they see the future now and are coming up with improved designs.

The 95% bit can be very confusing, as it could only refer to the combustion efficiency or something similar. The actual "delivered" efficiency to the water inside the house - which, of course, is where you need it, is probably in the range of 60-70% if we are lucky (depending on distance, pipe insulation, etc). It could be lower!

I'm not knocking it - properly sited and installed it might be a good unit.

Here in CT. There are a few towns banning the outside biolers(not sure if its just wood or any outside bioler!). I think they are even trying to ban them state wide. Like web said due to the smoke dragons. The other outside biolers are getting a bad wrap.

I wonder if the control panel has some type of password protection on it? I would be afraid the local kids with mess with the control.

jtakeman said:
Here in CT. There are a few towns banning the outside biolers(not sure if its just wood or any outside bioler!). I think they are even trying to ban them state wide. Like web said due to the smoke dragons. The other outside biolers are getting a bad wrap.

I wonder if the control panel has some type of password protection on it? I would be afraid the local kids with mess with the control.

Hey Jay? Would installing boiler/furnace outdoors in towns w/ bans against them, could you disguise them in some sort of outbuilding?

Master of Smoke said:
jtakeman said:

Hey Jay? Would installing boiler/furnace outdoors in towns w/ bans against them, could you disguise them in some sort of outbuilding?

Probably could. How about a sugar shack? That should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.