Outside Air Intake Length Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StovePig

Jan 11, 2014
MA
Is there limitations to the length of the outside air intake duct? I have a Harman P61-2 and would like to install the outaide air intake and it would have to be 15-20ft long as the stove sits in the center of the basment and vents into the chimney. I would go straight up and make one 90 then straight out above the drop ceiling and out the back side of the house. Was thinking of using 4" round duct.

the older manuals listed 15' with the 2-3/8" and to increase to 3" if you had to go any longer. I don't think the newer manual lists a max, but I'd think you'd be pretty safe with the 4". If you have a magna-sucko meter you can make sure its within the spec of the stove, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.