Outside Air Kit touching Exhaust. Is this bad?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yuengling127

Jul 22, 2014
Connecticut
I just had my new P68 installed yesterday, and noticed the OAK line is sitting on the exhaust. Is this going to create any problems in the future?

P61A here.
the exhaust pipe get's pretty hot but don't think it would be a problem. that said,
from the looks of it, it looks awful long for that short run..[no length requirement for oak tube.] mine is cut and half that long. spray painted black..
I would cut the length down [ eliminate that bow twist] so it is more of a direct run if possible to the thimble so as not to touch if u are concerned at all.

IMG_1838.JPG

Last edited:
P61A here.
the exhaust pipe get's pretty hot but don't think it would be a problem. that said,
from the looks of it, it looks awful long for that short run..[no length requirement for oak tube.] mine is cut and half that long. spray painted black..
I would cut the length down [ eliminate that bow twist] so it is more of a direct run if possible to the thimble so as not to touch if u are concerned at all.

View attachment 296326
I had the same thought. Not sure why they made it bend like that. Also will probably paint it black with the high temp paint that came with the stove.

Reactions: Tonyray
I had the same thought. Not sure why they made it bend like that. Also will probably paint it black with the high temp paint that came with the stove.
They probably had a stock length and stuffed it in rather than cutting it.

I would have cut it so it was more of a direct run. Not going to make much difference in airflow but it would at least look a lot better and more professional IMO.