1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Outside fresh Air Kit and Condensation Problems?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by AlaskaCub, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlaskaCub

AlaskaCub New Member

Loc:
    Interior Alaska
    I have a P68 in my 5 star construction home (sealed very tight) and realized very quickly that I need a fresh air kit to maintain an optimum amount of draft during start up and cool down and now am being told that there is massive condensation issues up here because of the extreme sub zero air that is brought into the house via the fresh air intake. To the point of the pipe inside being a big chunk of frost/ice leaking all over the place. Can anyone confirm this and or is there a way to prevent it?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. freebird77

freebird77 Feeling the Heat

My p61 did the same thing. I wrapped it in that silver insulating tape from Lowes. You cant really see it as its behind the stove, but that helped it.
  3. FredJ

FredJ New Member

mine does this also. Its normal. I use a flex pipe for the intake which got rust spots quick. I just wrapped aluminum foil around the pipe and it looks fine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.