Outside temperature!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

neumsky

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2011
Oklahoma City
You know it is dropping down to 99 degrees this week...I think I'll start a fire! Literally...I will be breaking in my stove tomorrow haha.

Reactions: ScotO
We're in the low 60's the next few evenings. Nice break from our near daily 100+ heat index the last several weeks.

I think I'll see how much I can make my air conditioner run lol.

105 here today! The yard crunches when walking out to the wood pile, which is drying extremely fast.

You know it is dropping down to 99 degrees this week...I think I'll start a fire! Literally...I will be breaking in my stove tomorrow haha.

Can u use that new stove to heat up a cedar shed to 160 up to 190 deg f for a nice sweedish sauna bath?

I'm sure you are exited about the new stove but I would wait till fall. I may be in the same boat shortly, lets see if I can follow my own advice.<>

Anytime I do a stove swap or flue change even in August getting ready for the season my wife says "OK. It is about to get really hot in this joint.". ;lol

Lordy, I dont even want to think about a fire in the stove. Its still 92 outside now. If I lit my stove right now, with all the burn bans we have, there would be a line of officers and firemen ready to kill me outside...

Lordy, I dont even want to think about a fire in the stove. Its still 92 outside now. If I lit my stove right now, with all the burn bans we have, there would be a line of officers and firemen ready to kill me outside...

Hello

Why is there burn bans? Is it on cat or non cat stoves?

State wide burn bans due to drought, smoke = 911 calls "There is something on fire"

Why is there burn bans? Is it on cat or non cat stoves?

The burn bans are usually on outdoor burning, but if someone smells smoke, they're likely to assume it's someone burning outdoors, and make a call on you.

Just put the dark stove outside for a couple days in the sun. It should be past it's first breakin stage by then.

Ya'll are tooooo funny!

You know these stoves are sposed to be so efficient...their not sposed to see or smell smoke haha.

You know these stoves are sposed to be so efficient...their not sposed to see or smell smoke haha.

Living in a tinder box...people can smell smoke like a shark smells blood...ha
Hope you like the Jotul...nobody local sells them here or I would have looked at one myself.

Reactions: neumsky
Finally cooled off to a high of 88 degrees. I actually had a newspaper fire yesterday in my liberty to dry up some water that got in from the .70 of an inch of rain that fell in 10 minutes. Weather calls for 98 degrees tomorrow with another possible derecho moving through sometime tomorrow, so if worst comes to worst and I lose power again I guess I could start a small fire and roast some hot dogs:eek:

Lopiliberty...do you have a leak?

No, it was raining so hard and sideways that it got under the cap and came down the pipe

No, it was raining so hard and sideways that it got under the cap and came down the pipe
Wow
Big question is is did you start a fire? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.