1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

overhead floor joist pex install

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by barnartist, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnartist

barnartist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jerusalem, Ohio;
    trying to remember the best way to uncoil the pexpipe and make the loops-I used to have a video on this and can't find it. I can't seem to find it on you tube either. I have done this before, just looking for a memery jog...

Also, the joist area I am preparing had fiberglass insulation in it that I cleared out (this was a modular home) the fiberglass has a foil layer instead of paper, and it was installed foil down, or facing the basement area. The print on the foil says to install toward living space, so my guess is it was installed wrong. Anyway, my thought was to reuse the stuff and flip it foil up toward the radiant pipeing. My last install I bought the foil bubble wrap and the floor heats well. Sound like a good idea?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. easternbob

easternbob Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    Not sure how to uncoil, when I put it up I borrowed a uncoiling rig.
    The insulation should be place paper/foil side towards the PEX.
    Just finished this itchy job myself. Excited to see how much of a difference it makes?? Almost disappointed that it is warm this week and I'm not running the boiler.
    Bob
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.