Overnight Burn for Regency Hearth Heater H2100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mossman2024

Jan 16, 2024
I need some guidance on doing an overnight burn for my Regency H2100 Hearth Heater. For example do I place logs left to right, or front to back? Do I full load the box? Do I damp the unit full down once it gets going? Currently, If I am burning all night, I am putting in a couple to medium size logs about every two to three hours to maintain my house temperature. I would like to learn how to have longer burn times. Thanks!

For the fullest load, load it N/S. The air gets reduced in stages. How far it is finally damped down will depend on the strength of the draft.
This thread covers running a modern EPA stove.

For the fullest load, load it N/S. The air gets reduced in stages. How far it is finally damped down will depend on the strength of the draft.
This thread covers running a modern EPA stove.
Thanks for the info. A few more questions, if I may. An east west load would be preferable for my fire box, as it is only has 10 3/4" depth available log size, while the width is almost 22". (see attached) I would need about 4 logs for the E/W load. However since my air intake is at the front, will that limit proper air flow for a good burn? The front log will set above the air intake, so i don't think that will impede the air flow, personally. Additionally if I am doing a hot turn and leaving a small bed of coals at the bottom for an overnight fully loaded burn in a hot stove, do i spread the coals out evenly for push them to the front or back or sides of stove, or just leave an even layer? Thanks again!

IMG_3849.jpg