1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

OWB selection Central Boiler E-Classic 2300

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by JrCRXHF, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. termv

termv Member

Loc:
    Womelsdorf, PA
    I see the CB E Classic has a 450 Gallon water capacity. Is that high compared to traditional OWBs?
    Never mind, I just found the specs on similar sized units.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. uppercanadatree

uppercanadatree Member

Loc:
    Uxbridge, On
    If you are on the fence between a owb and a gasifier, Empyre in Canada has come out with a owb based on gasifier technology. It can be placed outside like any owb or in any building. I've heard that the emissions from the stack are lower than even the Greenwood and that Greenwood has bought the patent for that stove. It is called the Empyre Clean Burn (ECB) I recently saw it operating at a trade show, and there was barely a hint of smoke coming from the chimney. I think their web address is www.profab.org Last time I checked, there wasn't much on the ECB on the site as I was told that Greenwood would post the updated info on their website.
  3. antos_ketcham

antos_ketcham Member

At the cost of these things - this will indeed be the last purchase. But as I rationalized it to my wife, wood boilers are a major investment and you need to be happy with the product because you will have it for a long time. I used the same line when I got my pickup :)

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.