Owners' Manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Jul 28, 2007
Heatilator Model HF36 Manufactured – February, 1985

This unit appears to me that it has been seldom if ever used since the white wall “bricks” have zero discoloration.

I talked to the Heatilator folks in Mt. Pleasant, IA in an attempt to get a copy of the Owners’ Manual for this unit. The service tech was extremely courteous and Emailed two slightly different versions of the Installation Manual to me. I do know that their IT department has not scanned all of the manuals for all of the various product models due to computer space limitations…….I can understand that.

Somewhere there has to be a copy of this Owners’ Manual lying around. There is probably a copy of it stored somewhere within the bowels of the Heatilator Headquarters but I can understand why the service tech wouldn’t volunteer to go digging around in the archives to find it since that wouldn’t be a profitable use of the company’s time.

Anyone here have a copy of this Owners’ Manual? I’m willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...................

Hey Web... Sounds like an idea you should look into. A nice little "technical library" right here on the forum.

"Got an old manual and want to share it..Drop it into the mail...That's Hearth.com at PO box yada yada" lol ;)

Just a thought...

keyman512us said:
Hey Web... Sounds like an idea you should look into. A nice little "technical library" right here on the forum.

"Got an old manual and want to share it..Drop it into the mail...That's Hearth.com at PO box yada yada" lol ;)

Just a thought...
I believe he started a library of manuals way back but I never found it...

Oh, there are manuals on the Wiki - Fischer, Upland, Surdiac, older VC and perhaps some others.

That offer is in force - send me manuals which are in print and I will scan them and post. Of course, it would be nice for the manuals to be of models that were relatively popular.....

In the case of this heatilator, I would think that the two manuals which they sent could be gleamed for any information that you would need about your model.

Example of wiki manuals and literature:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/History_of_Upland_Stove_Company/ (bottom of page)
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Vermont_Castings_Older_Stove_Models/ (VC older manual and lit)

GVA said:
just poking back and saw this old post.
I would check with
jtp10181

maybe PM him.

Yeah I read this post when it was first posted... I figured I would have no better luck than the poster. In fact I think I read it the week before I actually visited the Mt. Pleasant factory for an event there. About the only thing I would normally do is talk to technical and they would go look in the archives for it if I really needed it, and then fax me the pages I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.