P 68 Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOXMAN

Nov 5, 2013
Wisconsin
Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a Harman P 68 pellet stove. What is a fair price to pay for a good running used stove in very good condition? I also was wondering if I have to use there fancy vent pipe that has the outside air intake built in or can I use a different style vent pipe?

MN prices on used Harmans seems to be around $1500+-. There was a nice pc45 that a WI member got last December for I think $1100.The venting can use the standard 3 inch found at Fleet Farm. You can download a manual from Harmans site. It will give you the specs for hearth pad, distance to drapes, recommended distance to windows etc. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. It's my brothers stove. I put it in for him right after I put my own stove in. I'm giving him $1800. I thought that's just under half of what he paid new, and is a fair price for it. It's replacing a St. Croix Hastings that I have been having a lot of issues with lately.

Good luck with it.did research for a good year before getting my harman p35i and have to say so far me the wife and daughter love it.Harman really seems to go the extra mile.

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a Harman P 68 pellet stove. What is a fair price to pay for a good running used stove in very good condition? I also was wondering if I have to use there fancy vent pipe that has the outside air intake built in or can I use a different style vent pipe?
Don't cheap out on the pipe....buy a quality pipe and you will be glad you did. Stay away from the DuraVent with the rope gasket. If the stove comes with an oak setup and you can do it easily, then do it. If not, it is not "required" just "recommended" by Harman.

+1 on the NOT using Duravent. PITA!
+1 on the OAK as well. VERY good idea, leaky house or not.

Thanks for the reply. It's my brothers stove. I put it in for him right after I put my own stove in. I'm giving him $1800. I thought that's just under half of what he paid new, and is a fair price for it. It's replacing a St. Croix Hastings that I have been having a lot of issues with lately.
Don't cheap out on the pipe....buy a quality pipe and you will be glad you did. Stay away from the DuraVent with the rope gasket. If the stove comes with an oak setup and you can do it easily, then do it. If not, it is not "required" just "recommended" by Harman.
I took the pipe out of his house that I used when I installed it for him.( Which reminds me I have to go back and seal up the hole I left in the side of his house a little better! LOL ) It says SELKIRK Direct-Temp. It uses outside air drawn in around the outside of the exhaust. He said it was expensive??? Seems to work well. Heard of that kind? I wish I would have found this site sooner. Could have saved me a lot of time diagnosing problems with my old stove. Looking forward to using the Harman to heat the house. So far seems to be a more efficient stove. Wish I would have spent the extra money and got this one right away. Thanks for all the reply's. This forum is awesome!

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Selkirk System is nice, and expensive. Worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.