P23fs pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brandonjr36

Feb 13, 2020
Joplin missouri
I have an old breckwell p23fs pellet stove. My grandpa has had it for over 25 years and I have his house now. I’ve been using it for about 3 years with a bad low limit switch. And I was researching some today and it says it’s not a good idea to use it with a bad high limit but nothing about the low limit. I know I need to replace it but I don’t see how to install it as there’s no mount on the back my current switch is just laying there. Now when I start my stove I have to manually feed it for about 30-40 minutes until I hear a click in the back and then it will start to feed itself. Then when I shut the stove off I just have to unplug it from the wall. For sure a pain the ass. But I’m more worried about it being a safety hazard. Any concerns? It just brought it to my mind since I had it on setting C today and it was putting off pretty good heat. thanks any help.