P35I Anything I need to know about it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NewGuy132

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2021
Central MA
So after my wife and I got a wood stove and my sister in law got a wood stove my mother in law felt she was missing out. She decided that she would pick up a pellet stove. I am 99% sure that it is the P35I. I come from the wood stove world, but live closest to her so if she runs in to problems I am sure that I will be the first call. She had it "professionally installed" so I at least didn't have to deal with that. Are there any weird things with this stove that I should know? From what I gather pellet stoves seem fairly simple, fill the hopper and set desired temp. Aside from cleaning out the burn pot every week and have the chimney swept yearly is there really anything else that goes in to them?

So after my wife and I got a wood stove and my sister in law got a wood stove my mother in law felt she was missing out. She decided that she would pick up a pellet stove. I am 99% sure that it is the P35I. I come from the wood stove world, but live closest to her so if she runs in to problems I am sure that I will be the first call. She had it "professionally installed" so I at least didn't have to deal with that. Are there any weird things with this stove that I should know? From what I gather pellet stoves seem fairly simple, fill the hopper and set desired temp. Aside from cleaning out the burn pot every week and have the chimney swept yearly is there really anything else that goes in to them?

The manual at the link above has some details on cleaning. You can also find some good info on youtube on cleaning these stoves as well. That should be a good stove.

The manual at the link above has some details on cleaning. You can also find some good info on youtube on cleaning these stoves as well. That should be a good stove.
Thanks. I don't think that she will use it too much, maybe a ton a year. Last I know she hadn't sourced any pellets yet so she will probably end up buying by the bag this year jut to take the chill off.