P35i Installed - Does This Look Right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RKBAGUY

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Milford, PA
Decided to stick with my inclination and got the p35i installed today. A small error on spacing in depth, but on the whole, not too bad for an amateur.

I have to say the Harman install manual is terribly lacking in some details, like: recommending what tools might be needed, recommending Tapcons for securing the framework, and a connection guide for the user board. It seems they just assume you know what you're doing.

That said, does the position of the burn plates look right to you? Seems to me the top plate should be seated all the way down so that the channels are not visible, but I'll defer to you guys.

Also, any advice on the "do's-and-dont's" would be appreciated. This is my first experience with a new pellet stove, let alone a Harman, so anything you can impart would be great.

My old Austroflamm is retired and pending diagnosis from Joe Narduzzi. At some point I might install her as a secondary heating source, or sell her to a good home. But at least I can rest easy knowing I'm not going to turn into a meat popsicle this February.

Anyway, as always, thanks for everyone's input.

a628d953c6c20185e1ebccff969b088c.jpg

Attachments

• 545f1cfd85484410d7bee56618983a55.jpg
    545f1cfd85484410d7bee56618983a55.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 111
Yep,normal,Looks great! You just slide it back,it falls in grooves,slides to rear of stove,sits up like that in front.I think you are gonna love it!

I have installed 3 Harman P35i stoves and I always recommend the optional air adapter and Harman air collar on the chimney top. After running a 3” flex liner up the chimney a few feet like the owner’s manual States, I stuff the damper shelf all above the stove with100% Fire Proof Roxul insulation. Now absolutely no warm room air goes wasted up the chimney. This saves approx 10% in the heating bill and makes the house much more cozy because the stove is not pulling air from the house to burn the fire. So far nice install. Good luck. :)

Attachments

• DF019372-7574-4793-9232-B8300B9D8EE4.png
    DF019372-7574-4793-9232-B8300B9D8EE4.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited: