P43 Corner Install Wall Temps. Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdinny

Burning Hunk
Jan 1, 2014
Cuddebackville, NY
Hey guys,
Did my P43 corner install on New Years Day. Stove runs awesome. Been as low as -10 a few nights, and the P43 keeps our house nice and cozy. Been through 7 bags of pellets in 6 days.
I have the stove set to 14" clearance where Harman required 9'.
Wall gets real hot in those areas when stove runs on high. Saw it as high as 150 so I turned the temp down.
My question is, has anyone installed the Harman side heat shields on their stove, and if so, how much difference did it make? Just tring to figure if it's worth getting them.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Hey guys,
Did my P43 corner install on New Years Day. Stove runs awesome. Been as low as -10 a few nights, and the P43 keeps our house nice and cozy. Been through 7 bags of pellets in 6 days.
I have the stove set to 14" clearance where Harman required 9'.
Wall gets real hot in those areas when stove runs on high. Saw it as high as 150 so I turned the temp down.
My question is, has anyone installed the Harman side heat shields on their stove, and if so, how much difference did it make? Just tring to figure if it's worth getting them.
Thanks in advance for any input.
I have a Harman P61A.... Clearance as u can see is at the 9" mark on the Hopper corners. Little further in the back due to the 90 bend, we had to come forward a bit.
No problem with walls.. Never have to run it more than half throttle though. here's few pixs/

Attachments

• IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1789.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 298
I have the stove set to 14" clearance where Harman required 9'. Wall gets real hot in those areas when stove runs on high. Saw it as high as 150 so I turned the temp down.
You will be fine. The clearance is well beyond recommendations. Remember your hot water is probably set to 140 deg. and those pipes run through your walls at those temps with no issues

My P68 has heat shields and a minimum clearance corner installation. Just came off a fairly fiery burn a few min ago. Just checked the wall temps. Highest was 129, though I've seen higher. I'll check again later.

I have the heat shields installed on my P68 and haven't had any issues. I also have a corner installation and only had 12 inches on one side, so opted to install the shields.

My P68 has heat shields and a minimum clearance corner installation. Just came off a fairly fiery burn a few min ago. Just checked the wall temps. Highest was 129, though I've seen higher. I'll check again later.

Did you echeck your wall temps before you installed the shields?

It's zero out on the deck, and a cozy 73 in here.
Lovin' it

Did you echeck your wall temps before you installed the shields?

It's zero out on the deck, and a cozy 73 in here.
Lovin' it
Nope.

3 here. Stove burning nicely.

Nope.

3 here. Stove burning nicely.

My wall temps just make me nervous.
Like the guys say, probably fine, but I might just get the heat shields for my own piece of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.