Purchase a Used Harman Advance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

clintonlester

Jan 24, 2024
North Central Kentucky
I have been considering purchasing a pellet stove as a secondary heat source. I have a 1500 sq ft single story home that has subpar insulation. However, if the sun is out and the wind is down, the heat pump does a great job. The issue is when the temps do not get above the freezing mark for more than a day. My plan is to use the pellet stove on those days (and winter days when we have an outage *I have a generator to run a pellet stove*). Luckily for me the return is in the same room I intend to put the stove, so I can turn the fan on and it circulate the warm air from the pellet stove. The real question is, after reading many posts on this forum, that most people suggest buying a used Harman. Well I found a Harman Advance for sale on marketplace for $895. It does have a tile missing from the top, but otherwise looks well used. At that price should I even worry about what shape it is in? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. You folks on this forum are an incredible resource.

IMG_4514.jpeg

IMG_4515.jpeg

IMG_4516.jpeg

IMG_4517.jpeg

IMG_4518.jpeg

That’s a ver good price as long as all the LED’s come on, the tile can be bought and replaced or made and replaced….I’ve refurbished one and can say that it was easy to take apart, clean and repaint…I did have to put a new igniter in it and it’s running flawlessly…I did it in 2020…pumps out heat!