P43 ignitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
Ok...some guidance please. The ignitor on my P43 finally died after 8 seasons. A quick internet search shows replacements fron $14.50. Up to $80. Don’t mind paying a higher price if I get better quality......but will I.
any input appreciated.

Ok...some guidance please. The ignitor on my P43 finally died after 8 seasons. A quick internet search shows replacements fron $14.50. Up to $80. Don’t mind paying a higher price if I get better quality......but will I.
any input appreciated.
I bought an igniter for my harman and paid 39.00 on amazon. it was a chinese knockoff and lasted less than 1 season.
last one i bought was from a reputable hearth dealer and paid 79.00 for OEM..
stay away from amazon and ebay and deal with actually stove parts people as the above poster DAKSY did..

I bought an igniter for my harman and paid 39.00 on amazon. it was a chinese knockoff and lasted less than 1 season.
last one i bought was from a reputable hearth dealer and paid 79.00 for OEM..
stay away from amazon and ebay and deal with actually stove parts people as the above poster DAKSY did..
The one Dasky refers to is also a non oem. My concern is it’s a Chinese knock off too.....just marked up. I guess there’s no way to tell.

Just replaced my original harman igniter after less than 3 years use. Bought this one .
Installed and it works great. At this price I can get 6 igniters for the price of one $80 OEM.
YMMV

My cheap priced one worked fine too but crapped out less than a year. I'll stick with OEM

5 yrs on the original ignitor.. HarmanP61A.....
but it was my fault... i usually 'finger ou't the ash in the ignitor compartment..
by doing so i was rubbing one of the wires quite a bit but un-intentionally..
eventually it rubbed the sheating off and created a bare spot just a bit and while cleaning i rubbed it against the inner wall and shorted it out. blew the 5amp fuse with it. who knows how long it would have lasted...lesson learned..
I now use a flat attachment to my pellet vacuum to clean that compartment out.
1st chinese knockoff replacement lasted less than 1 year.