p61 acting up - first run since purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe it stopped feeding pellets because of a couple of simple things:
Maybe there was a lot of sawdust at the bottom of the hopper left from the pellet bag and it stopped the slider plate from letting more pellets to drop through.
Or maybe poor quality of pellet caused the fire to burn down and go out.

I am used to 6 blink status but I run my Harman stove on room temperature mode. A lot of time its because the stove fails to ignite because I have carbon in the burn pot. Yeah, I clean the pot but my job works me a lot of hours and I just want to sleep when i come home from work. I am used to waking up freezing cause the stove went out because I let the pot get too dirty.
Alright purchased black lead probe/ESP and all is well , burning more consistant and less heat but consistant with where the stove is set at . I have not shut it down and whatch the room blower kick down and the pot fan to blow for addition time period until cold and shut of but suspecting all is normal and just a worn out ESP after it s so many cycles - thanks and love the 2 Harmans and now have to decide which stove P38 or p61 is the most economical to run . I suspect the p61 may be the unit - your imputs here please .

Probably depends on where you live and how hard and what you need to heat. Both will idle down to the same 8k input or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.