P61 Upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GMadd

Oct 15, 2014
Highland, NY
Hello Everyone. I want to upgrade my P 61 with the igniter kit. I found an igniter kit at the link below. But, there are different kits based on serial numbers. I have included a picture of what I believe to be my serial number. 1581. First from the picture can somebody verify this is my serial number? It says WHI So I wasn’t sure. I just want to make sure that the kit below is the right one. Thanks!

Attachments

• 86D76F29-DBE5-4EB4-B925-16AE7DE21880.jpeg
    86D76F29-DBE5-4EB4-B925-16AE7DE21880.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hello Everyone. I want to upgrade my P 61 with the igniter kit. I found an igniter kit at the link below. But, there are different kits based on serial numbers. I have included a picture of what I believe to be my serial number. 1581. First from the picture can somebody verify this is my serial number? It says WHI So I wasn’t sure. I just want to make sure that the kit below is the right one. Thanks!

Hi Gmadd,

Yes that is your serial number. Since the kit is non-returnable I'd also confirm it with the seller just so there is no unpleasant surprise post purchase. I'll have to say that it seems a bit spendy to me as I've purchased whole *-61-As for less than the cost of that conversion alone.

YMMV,

Hugh

Reactions: Ssyko
Just curious why they are including a new pusher arm?

Hi Gmadd,

Yes that is your serial number. Since the kit is non-returnable I'd also confirm it with the seller just so there is no unpleasant surprise post purchase. I'll have to say that it seems a bit spendy to me as I've purchased whole *-61-As for less than the cost of that conversion alone.

YMMV,

Hugh
Yeah, that’s a strong point. I don’t think I’m going to upgrade it. It’s out of stock anyway. Probably they just don’t make the kit anymore. Thanks.