P61a Distribution Blower troubles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caseman

Dec 17, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Just letting everyone who contributed their knowledge as to what and how to fix my previously posted problem. My P61a distribution blower was fluctuating from low to high on its own and I was getting the 3 light blink on the Status. The stove was set in Room Temp/ feed rate 3.5/ auto ignite. With the two described problems, the stove was putting out heat, but not enough. Several suggestions were to rotate the pots etc. and shut down the stove and reset the panel. A near surgical scrub down (cleaning of EVERY THING) on the stove was done. I did all things suggested to no avail. I ordered the 3 new pots and a new ESP. I just replaced the ESP and glad to report that the stove is back in order. I able to turn the distribution blower up and down, works fine. I will save the new pots as replacements for another time. Basically, from my trouble shooting and replacing the ESP only, I have determined that a faulty ESP will also affect the workings of the Distribution Blower ie. no control over it's speed (low to high and vs.) Boy, did I miss the good heat that this stove puts out. It was -6 deg. here this morning. Had to turn on some of the electric baseboards. Not now! Thanks again.

The 3 blink code is ALWAYS an indicator of an ESP issue with a Harman Pellet burner...
The stove may run with that code, but as you found out, it will be erratic.

Thanks for checking back in and sharing your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.