P68 died

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Boulder

Dec 22, 2016
colville,wa
my Harman p68 died! Was running fine then just shut off completely. No blowers no indicator liter nothing.it came back on for few minutes then shut off again.checked power,all good. The indicator liters will flash on if I tap on the control panel.fuse is good, think in the the circuit board went south for the winter! These things never happen in July! New to this place thanks in advance for any help

Can you run self test?

Can you run self test?
just got the power lite to come on and stay on!! Ran the stove thru the test mode on the feed rate knob,I double checked the fuse and the fuse holder seemed to not grip the fuse very tight,??so I gave it a squeeze and reinstalled the fuse-so at least I have a power indicator working. When I unplug the stove then re plug it I get a 4 blink error then the status lite quits blinking- weird??

I don't have the exact same stove but for mine a 4 blink error indicates a problem with the room sensing prob. Try running it in stove temp mode. Also, you may want to break out the manual for your model.

Self test,turn the stove on via fan control, turn the feed rate counter clockwise till stops. That should get all the motors to run. As Jackman said the 4 blink is for room probe. Could be loose in the back of the stove or pet chewed it but stove should still be able to go if turned to stove mode. Pot switch failure could be a possibility:(

I had a problem with my P61 going out and not relighting. If I touched or tapped the temp control it lit up and ran ( this was right about at the 72 degree mark, it was fine elsewhere). I squirted contact cleaner in there and all has been well ever since. Dirty pot, the stove is 4 yo though not 11 and had no error codes.

Self test,turn the stove on via fan control, turn the feed rate counter clockwise till stops. That should get all the motors to run. As Jackman said the 4 blink is for room probe. Could be loose in the back of the stove or pet chewed it but stove should still be able to go if turned to stove mode. Pot switch failure could be a possibility:(
thanks to all for the response!! got it to keep the power indicator lite on found the fuse holder to be a little loose, gave it a squeeze to snug it up ! ran the self test and everything was working, gonna try it in stove temp mode in the morning,also ordered a room temp probe , but that wont be here till after Christmas,talked to a guy at earth sense in Wisconsin,recomennded running it in stove temp to bypass the room temp sensor.Keepin my fingers crossed!!I will let ya'll know how it works tomorrow! Thanks again

Reactions: bags
Frozen,
Your pellet stove will never break down in July. Ha haha! I'll guarantee that.

At 11 years old I would consider maybe ordering some backup parts to have on hand. Many of us have a stash of backup parts just in case because we know they'll go at the most inopportune times and that way we do not have to wait on them to get the house heated again. Room and ESP probes, top my list followed by control boards and fan motors. They will cost a little but you will be happy when you need them.

Have you had to replace anything at all on your stove yet? If so what and how old was it? Thanks.

Frozen,

At 11 years old I would consider maybe ordering some backup parts to have on hand. Many of us have a stash of backup parts just in case because we know they'll go at the most inopportune times and that way we do not have to wait on them to get the house heated again. Room and ESP probes, top my list followed by control boards and fan motors. They will cost a little but you will be happy when you need them.

Have you had to replace anything at all on your stove yet? If so what and how old was it? Thanks.
thanks!! yup they never fail in July!!Got an update- its running on the stove temp mode, ordered a room temp sensor,I will order a couple fan motors soon just in case.!! Only things that i have replaced was the feed motor 2 years ago and the ignitor other than that its been great!!

Reactions: bags
Frozen,

we used to run 3 1/2 ton a year in the stove before we moved now about 2 ton in my shop!!

Thanks,
I was asking how long you got out of which parts etc; just for an idea as to what to expect out of mine. I bought it new Oct. 2014 so I should be good for awhile. I hope.

I know the exhaust fan motor has been on Amazon for $100 for couple years now. Only thing I have had go on mine is the pot switches and ESP and I bought the Harman used from another member. The gaskets are just normal wear. The graphited rope looks very good and spongy after I believe 3 years now. Did a proper cleaning and inspection today, even cleaned the glass.
Only stove to need tending till Monday is the cook stove. Rabbit for supper tomorrow as it decided to lunch on the spilt corn.

Reactions: FirepotPete
Yeah, I have my backup parts for the PC45 but not many for the 68 since it was new. I'll be looking at getting some though because it's a keeper for sure. Looks like the OP Frozen has had a good run with his thus far which I like to see.

Rabbit. LOL! I live in Rabbit Hash, KY Google it if you get bored. All kinds of info on the web. I actually vote at the General Store here that was built in 1831. Sadly in Feb of this year it burned down but it is rebuilt to original as it was and has always been. People come from all over to visit the store.

Reactions: Harmanizer
Yeah, I have my backup parts for the PC45 but not many for the 68 since it was new. I'll be looking at getting some though because it's a keeper for sure. Looks like the OP Frozen has had a good run with his thus far which I like to see.

Rabbit. LOL! I live in Rabbit Hash, KY Google it if you get bored. All kinds of info on the web. I actually vote at the General Store here that was built in 1831. Sadly in Feb of this year it burned down but it is rebuilt to original as it was and has always been. People come from all over to visit the store.
I have the bumper sticker you gave me on my dresser somewhere

Reactions: Harmanizer and bags
Thanks,
I was asking how long you got out of which parts etc; just for an idea as to what to expect out of mine. I bought it new Oct. 2014 so I should be good for awhile. I hope.
the feeed motor went out 2 years ago so bout 7 years of trouble free running - its a great stove the ignitor went out after the 4th year so not a big deal!! Merry Christmas from the frozen boulder!!

Reactions: bags and Harmanizer
Thanks,
good news the stove is up and runnin!! no problems so far (fingers crossed),!! The ignitor went out the 4th season of burning,and the feed motor went out 2 years ago,so you should have no major issues for a while,bought this stove in 2005 and was my only source of heat till 2013!! Been a great unit Merry Christmas,thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.