1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. bdaoust

bdaoust Member

Loc:
    Western, MA
    Running P68 on stove temp mode setting 5 and feed rate 4. Blower dial is in the middle. Does this flame look normal? It splits and leans forward a bit.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. boo boo

boo boo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. NH
    Your burn pot may need a good scraping or one or two of the holes in the pot are plugged not allowing air into that part of the fire burn
  3. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    X2. Scrape burn pot and give it couple of taps with the scraper and knock those holes free of ash.
  4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Also clean around the igniter. This is the path of the combustion air. If it is blocked it could cause a lazy flame.

Eric
  5. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    your stove may also be a portal into another dimension....classic fire demon intrusion if you ask me...see the fingers?
    thedude110 and Harmanizer like this.
  6. bdaoust

bdaoust Member

Loc:
    Western, MA
    Ya I thought the flame looked like a demon also. Or a very devlishish pair of rabbit ears!!! lol

I keep the stove pretty clean. I turned up the temperature and the flame looked better.