p68 not lighting.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SininStyle

Burning Hunk
Mar 8, 2013
cleaned the burn pot, smooth as a baby butt. Cleaned the fines out. Checked the ignitor, burned my finger, seems to be working.
It shut off last night, error code says no pellets but was full. Woke up to 58F in the house. Think it just got backed up and stopped feeding. Doesnt explain why it refuses to light. Not sure what else to check. Everything is feeding correctly. I can see air flowing inside.

As far as I can tell the ignitor is clean of debris. I just got it relight but it took a lot of pellets flowing to get it going.
The holes looked clear from the top, and I cleaned out from under the pot of any ash. I didnt pull the ignitor and check the fins were clear though.
Think I'll order an ignitor just so I have one incase that is what it is.
Seems to be OEM and "other". Any suggestions for which to order, or from who to order from?
This OEM has being going strong for 12 years and likely 5-6 before I got the stove.

Check to make sure the plate under the pot is on correctly. Don't just feel it or look, remove it and reinstall. If even a tiny bit of air is getting in thru there, it will disrupt the air flow and may not allow the pellets to get hot enough to ignite.

Reactions: SininStyle