Pacific Energy FP30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmcw

Aug 27, 2008
Texas
I have using a Travis Olympic 1190 for three or four years and I love it. We have just moved and the before we bought the house, the old owner had closed the ZC fireplace and the space where the fireplace was/is now covered with sheetrock. The framing for the metal flue is still there (you can see it from the outside and the cap is still there). The room has plenty for a freestanding stove but I am married and to keep my marriage alive, a freestanding stove is not in the cards. The house was built with pier and beam in the early 1990’s and it a two story house, and the first story has about 900 sq ft and the upper story has about 800 sq ft. I am looking at a Pacific Energy FP30. I and I have researched here the FP30 and it seems the Summit is the same box but I have read mixed reviews from the cracking issues and my question is if they have resolved the cracking issues or the problems were over firing the box itself by the owners. With the Olympic, it likes to cruise at 500 – 550 but you need to add wood every 3-4 hours and this OK with me.

Thanks, Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.