Pacific Energy Spectrum Classic - is this a good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I've found a PE Spectrum Classic in Black Enamel, with Gold legs, door, and trivet for $1199, and am wondering if that's a good deal. Its a 2006, and been on the showroom floor for a year, but has not been used....

Not really my first choice in color scheme, but it seems like a really good deal.

I've also been looking at an Englander 30 NCL, along with some others. My wife has been pounding down my budget lately, but I think I might be able to swing her on $1199 for the PE.

The stove will be used to heat my shop (no flammables) and home office. Shop is 20x30' with concrete floor, and a big uninsulated steel roll up door. Office is 20' x 10', and attached to the shop. Both have propane forced air. I'd like to use the forced air blower, with most heat coming from the stove. I have a ton of pine and cedar already, but can get almond delivered from the valley.

If I like the PE, I might move it into the house next season. That's a big project though (involves ripping out an Xtrordinair builtin thats never worked right, and converting the space to an alcove).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Bob

Firebox is kinda small at 1.97 cf but compared to what those things usually go for it is heck of a price. That is about two grand worth of stove and bling at retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.