Pacific Energy stove opinions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damien

Woodlove
Jan 13, 2006
SE Misouri
Can anybody give me there opinions or comments on Pacific Energy stoves. I am thinking about putting one in my house and just wanted some input from you guys. Thanks.

Absolutely love my Summit insert. Same firebox and guts etc. as the stand alone stoves. I have to admit that I was going mostly on a friends reccomendation when I bought it, and it helped that I liked the attitude of the dealer. It was after I had basically committed that I found out they have a decent reputation.
Well built and throws amazing amounts of heat with good wood. Some people don't like the relatively "plain" look compared to others with all the fillagree and fancy mouldings, but quite frankly, I like the clean smooth lines, and find it easy to look after and keep clean.

I was originally looking at the smaller Pacific model, but as one of my other buddies said "Go big or go home". I'm glad I did, even with the $500 price difference. You can always build a smaller fire in a bigger stove, but you can't go the other way around.

You can see my insert install by clicking on my post signature.

Willhound

Status
Not open for further replies.