1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pacific Energy :)

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Umaxman, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Umaxman

Umaxman Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Well I picked up the new PE stove and installed it on Wednesday,
    Just wanted to say so far I love this thing, for one thing I am not putting wood in every hour or so..
    corey21 and raybonz like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    And that would be which PE stove? Put it in your sig.

And as usual, pics or it didn't happen.
    PapaDave, raybonz and loon like this.
  3. salmonhunter

salmonhunter Burning Hunk

Loc:
    newbrunswick canada
    hello fellow maritimer! what is the new stove? also what did it replace? I have a small regency which I also have to fill every couple hrs. Looking forward to the day I can add a bigger stove in the basement.
  4. Umaxman

Umaxman Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    oops its the super 27 PE :) it replaced a small Dutch West stove that worked good other than the small firebox and when the temps last week hit -29 :( then it was a little small.
    Pictures are coming.
    weatherguy and raybonz like this.
  5. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Congrats Umax! I replaced a Large CDW with a T5 which is the same firebox as yours.. You're gonna love the heat, long burn times and short learning curve of the Super 27! Like Bart said no pics means it never happened ;) Oh and welcome to the forum!

Ray
  6. Umaxman

Umaxman Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Crappy cell phone pics....but it does prove it happened :)
    I am looking forward to the long burn times but I do have a few questions for those with the experience.
    Once its going good how tight can you shut the draft down and still keep it going ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PA Fire Bug likes this.
  7. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Nice looking stove! I love the door style! I can lower my air all the way down once the secondaries are going good.. Bring the air down in stages..

Ray
  8. Umaxman

Umaxman Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    The door was a few dollars more than the standard glass one, I wanted the brushed nickel door but it was a very expensive option :(
    I think one of my problems is the wood I have is dry but cut short and split small for the Dutchwest it replaced. The wood is also mostly all birch.
  9. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Pack the stove tightly and you should be OK.. The Super 27 can take up to 18" right? This is about the same length as the CDW no?

Ray
  10. DuckDog

DuckDog Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    I installed my S27 in 2010 and have been completely satisfied with it. Enjoy yours. I run my draft completely shut down most of the time.
    raybonz likes this.
  11. Seanm

Seanm Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE BC Canadian Rockies
    This is the first winter for us with ours. We burn lodgepole pine during the day and Larch for over night burns and can load it up an hour before bed time and have enough coals to throw some splits on in the morning to get er hot again. Have to start a fire with a match maybe once or twice a week if that. Gas usage has been about the same as it is in August. Enjoy,,, I know we do!
  12. PA Fire Bug

PA Fire Bug Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Blair County, PA
    With wood not as dry as it should've been during the first winter, I had to leave the air open just slightly. With dry wood, I fill the stove, get it burning hot, close the air down and watch the light show.
    raybonz likes this.
  13. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Love my PE (same firebox size, etc). Listening to the fan kick on as the nights load gets going right now :)

Murphy thinks highly of it, too !
    raybonz likes this.
  14. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Thanks for the pix. That's a great stove. Pack it with twice the amount of wood in there now, bring the air down in stages, maybe 5-10 minutes apart. If you have good draft you should be able to run it with the air control close to all the way closed once the fire is fully engaged.
  15. Huntindog1

Huntindog1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Central Indiana
    Nice stove Congrats!
  16. Umaxman

Umaxman Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Getting use to it now and how it works :) man does thing ever kick out some heat ........
    raybonz likes this.
  17. westkywood

westkywood Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kentucky
    My third year with my 27. Love it. I've got really good draft and it really puts out the heat and I get good long burn times. Once mine gets going good and the stove top temps are around 300-350, I shut it down half way to prevent high flu temps. Then once it gets to around 500 or so, I shut it all the way down then walk away for hours.
    raybonz likes this.