Paint color options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antisoc

Dec 27, 2013
Nj
I am looking to paint my fisher insert. What are some paint color options that others have used ?

What is the stock color on these inserts ?

Can some others post some pictures of various colors that they have used on these stoves.

I'm looking to do possible pewter, metallic brown, of the flat black again.

Where do you purchase the paint from ?

Stove Bright Satin Black or Metallic Brown. Thread here;
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/fisher-had-a-better-idea-brown.120797/#post-1617517

That Metallic Brown from Forrest (Stove Bright) was the first color other than black developed for stoves for Fisher !
http://forrestpaint.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/FP-employee-newsletter-July-13.pdf

Locally from hearth stores is just as cheap as online with shipping. There are many brands, Stove Bright being the best - smells the worst. The first post in the Everything Fisher thread gives paint details too.

Thankyou for the info.

What color do most people usually use when they repaint the stoves ?

Flat black , Satin Black or Metalic black in stove paint paint ?

What color was the original paint ?

Satin is the closest black to original made by the best brand. It has more sheen when first painted, but with time in use becomes just like the original. Flat is too dull, and Black Metallic is more a custom fancy look that may be the best looking, but wasn't original.
Brown Metallic is exact original if you have a brown one.

This is original unfired;

XL 11.jpg eBay 12-2013 7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.