Painting............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
Hey guys, I'm gonna get my carcass in gear and start my garage project. Included is a pic of the scheme I'd like to unltimately have. Big question is- how do I paint color to color without leaving a ridge? Do I string a line on the wall and paint up to it with one color with a brush and then do the same thing with the next color.....................
Thanks

Attachments

• ThisFinL.jpg
    ThisFinL.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 240
I'd tape the line of demarcation and gently feather the paint down to the tape, going over it to get even coverage. You may have to feather down to the tape another time to avoid the ridge. When you're ready to do the next color tape a teeny bit over the first color you layed on. Make sure you give the first color plenty of time to set up before taping over it for the next coat. Also, when you're going to remove the tape (use the low tack painter's tape), get out a blow dryer and warm the tape as you remove it... it will help it come off easily and not pull the paint under it off, too.

I'll try that, thanks- Bobbin. I'm still a good ways of from the first brush dipping but I'm trying to get an understanding of the painting part..................

Status
Not open for further replies.