1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pallet shed

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by chrisasst, Sep 18, 2012.

1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    Any one on here have an experience building a pallet shed. Looking to get one started. Found some video on google, but.. I think my main problem will be how to prepare and build a foundation. I think the actual shed looks simple enough with pallets though. Hoping to be able to build it for wood pellets.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I think PalletPete has one. (Imagine that... :p) Start a conversation with him or search his old threads.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Definitely Pallet Pete has one of the best pallet sheds. Do a search on his name and it should show up. Or you might send him a new Conversation and he'll give you details and pictures.
  4. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    lots of vidoes on youtube, good luck and post pics:cool:
  5. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Like this? pallet-shed-wood1.jpg
  6. Retired Guy

Retired Guy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cape Vincent, NY
    Fine looking shed.
  7. Eric Schaefer

Eric Schaefer New Member

Loc:
    Lakewood, WA
    That looks great, keeps it dry and lets in air. Reminds me of the old tobacco barns back on the east coast. When I was young I asked my dad why all of those barns have slats and siding missing all over it, he told me that's where they hang the tobacco to dry. I'd like to do one exactly like that one day. Maybe with a big enough opening to load in a pallet stack of firewood. Less restacking.
  8. Badfish740

Badfish740 Minister of Fire

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

Built from pallets and $50 worth of lumber from the reject pile at Lowes. I'm planning on upgrading to a combination toolshed/woodshed that will hold more wood (this one holds about 5 cords) that's a little more attractive and useful, but this one does the job. On the bright side, when I finish the new shed I can burn the old shed :)
    Jack Straw likes this.
  9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I like your sheds!