1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pampered Wild Animals

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Eric Johnson, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    This is a beaver lodge in a marsh just south of Raquette Lake, NY, in the Adirondack Park, that appears to have a satellite TV dish connected to it. I took this picture yesterday.

Presumably, the beavers are using it to get access to some of those pay-per-view channels. You know, the ones featuring beavers.

Seriously, I don't know if this is someone's idea of a joke, or if it's some kind of wildlife monitoring transmitter. Pretty weird in any case.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. nshif

nshif New Member

Loc:
    Pioneer, Ca (near Lake Tahoe)
    My guess is that its a joke and a pretty good one. Its not pointing at the sky so its not connecting to a sattelite, and even if its land based would need some sort of electrical source to power a transmitter. Now add a small solar panel and you might really get some peoples attention! Pretty funny pic though.
  3. North of 60

North of 60 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Yukon Canada
    Hate to tell ya this but up north Bell & Starchoice dishes pretty much point to the ground to get our signal. Very very low on the horizon. But Yes they do need power.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.